World Day for Cultural Diversity, for Dialogue and Development provides an opportunity to deepen our understanding of the values of cultural diversity and to learn to “live together” better.
One way to celebrate is through the campaign ‘Do One Thing For Diversity and Inclusion’, which encourages people and organizations from around the world to take concrete action to support diversity. It suggests 10 simple things you (or your school or class) can do to celebrate World Day for Cultural Diversity:
- Visit an art exhibition or a museum dedicated to other cultures
- Learn about another religion
- Run an international film show
- Listen to a musical tradition from a different culture
- Play a sport related to a different culture (Karate, Criquet, Pétanque…)
- Cook traditional food from different cultures
- Learn about traditional celebrations from other cultures
- Volunteer with an organization working for diversity and inclusion
- Learn another language
- Spread the word around you, family, friends and invite people from a different culture to share your customs.